Leaf-mining flies in the genus Liriomyza (Diptera: Agromyzidae) are the most important hosts of D. isaea. It attacks nine species of leaf miners, including Liriomyza trifolii, L. bryoniae, L. huidobrensis, L. cicerina, L. congesta, L. pusilla, L. pusio, L. sativae and L. strigata.
Available on backorder
- D. isaea is packed in a container of 125 cc containing 250-1000 adults.
- If necessary, Bio®Diglyphus can be stored for 24 hours at a temperature of 6-8°C from the minute of arrival until release. The product should never be frozen.
- Bio®Diglyphus is compatible with selective conventional chemicals (according to the list of compatible chemicals provided by BioBee)
- Bio®Diglyphus is applied while walking in between the plants, opening the container’s lid and letting the wasps fly out towards the plants.
- Application of Bio®Diglyphus should be carried out either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, under relatively mild temperatures.
- Bio®Diglyphus is shipped in isolated styrofoam boxes chilled with icepacks. This packaging must be kept intact till it reaches the end-user. When applied, the containers should be taken from the shipment package one by one and the parasitoids should be released immediately.
- The number of wasps at first introduction, as well as following introductions, depends upon the degree of leafminer infestation and the rate of naturally occurring parasitism.
- About 3 weeks following the release of the parasitoids (depending upon temperature), a clear indication of active parasitism is visible. The subsequent established generations of the parasitic wasp are expected to effectively control the leafminer throughout the entire period of the crop.
All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
BioBee is not responsible for the outcome of implementation in the field, as it has no control over the method of application, local conditions, treatment/storage of product not according to instructions, etc.
Field Service Consultations
If you are struggling to identify pests and root cause of issues, need guidance on what products to use to improve. Our staff is extensively trained in IPM methods and will design a tailor-made IPM program to meet your individual needs.