The adult female is an orange-red pear-shaped mite rather longer than its prey. It has longer front legs and a characteristic rapid movement when disturbed or exposed to bright light. The nymphs are oval and pale-pink in color.
P. persimilis is an obligatory predator, highly specific to spider mites like Tetranychus urticae Koch (two-spotted spider mite); Tetranychus cinnabarinus (Boisduval) (carmine spider mite); Tetranychus turkestani Ugarov & Nicolski (strawberry spider mite), hence it cannot develop without the latter. It controls spider mite infestations in many crops, in temperate as well as subtropical and tropical regions.
Available on backorder
- Additional information
- P. persimilis is packed in a sachet containing a minimum of 100 predatory mites mixed in a vermiculite carrier..By time of release, their numbers have swelled to around 350 – 500 predators
- If necessary, Bio® Persimilis can be stored for 24 hours at a temperature of 8-10°C from the minute of arrival until release, but it should never be frozen.
- Bio® Persimilis is compatible with selective conventional chemicals (according to the list of compatible chemicals provided by BioBee)
- Each sachet has its own hook cut into the paper, for easy use and application. Do not cut the sachet, just hang under the canopy of your plants/trees, the predators will emerge out of the Smal hole at the top over the course of the next few days.
- Bio® Persimilis is shipped in isolated styrofoam boxes chilled with icepacks. This packaging must be kept intact until it reaches the end-user.
- P. persimilis should be introduced upon first sign of spider mite damage. The release rate depends upon the nature of the crop, the ecosystem (e.g. open field or greenhouse) and the level of spider mite infestation. Temperatures of 21-27°C and high humidity (above 60%) will enhance predator activity and ensure its success.
All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
BioBee is not responsible for the outcome of implementation in the field, as it has no control over the method of application, local conditions, treatment/storage of product not according to instructions, etc.
Field Service Consultations
If you are struggling to identify pests and root cause of issues, need guidance on what products to use to improve. Our staff is extensively trained in IPM methods and will design a tailor-made IPM program to meet your individual needs.
Tetranychus urticae Koch, Tetranychus cinnabarinus, Tetranychus turkestani Ugarov, Nicolski
100 per sachet